Our Founder Master Sheng Yen
“The Dharma is so good, yet so few people know about it and so many people misunderstand it.” It was based on this simple belief that Venerable Master Sheng Yen founded Dharma Drum Mountain. Named as one of the fifty most influential people in Taiwan during the past four hundred years, Venerable Master Sheng Yen called himself “an itinerant monk pressing ahead through the wind and snow,” and has had a life full of miseries, deprivations, tests, and turning points.
Due to the Liang Emperor Repentance Chanting Event held in late May, the following activities at the Chan Meditation Center will be cancelled:
- NO Monday Chanting Practice on 5/18 & 5/25
- NO Tuesday Sitting Practice on 5/19
- NO Thursday Tai Ji Moving Meditation on 5/21
- NO Saturday Sitting Practice on 5/23
- NO Open House on 5/24
Nepal Earthquake Relief
– NO Overhead ! (100% of the fund goes directly to support the earthquake victims.)
- May 17, 2015 10:00am ~ 3:30pm
- Location: Chan Meditation Center
For details, please see our poster
Lotus Sutra Repentance Retreat (in Chinese)
- July 2-10, 2015
- Venue: Dharma Drum Retreat Center
- Led by Ven. Guo Kai & Ven . Chang Hui
- Details please see the poster
- Please submit the application form by June 15.
2015 Family Chan Camp — En-Lighten Up!
- August 4-9, 2015
- Camp Site: Dharma Drum Retreat Center
- Who: Youth(6-12yr), Young Adult (13-17yr), Adult(over 18yr)
- Programs: Chan in Daily Life Workshop, Tea Ceremony, Mindful Games, Field Trip, Sports and much more!
- Please submit the application form by July 20.
Sunday Dharma Talk Live Broadcast
Live Broadcast temporarily cancelled!
Sunday Open House at CMC
- Every Sunday, Free, Bilingual
Click here to learn more about our Sunday Program
Upcoming Sunday Dharma Talk Schedule
- Every Sunday 11:00am to 12:30pm
Click here for a schedule on upcoming Sunday Dharma Talks.
Upcoming Dharma Classes
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming major events.
Upcoming Meditation and Retreats
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming programs
"The efficacy of the prayer lies in the pure sincerity of the praying, which comes from one's strength of mind, and the strength of one's vows."
Master Sheng Yen