Our Founder Master Sheng Yen
“The Dharma is so good, yet so few people know about it and so many people misunderstand it.” It was based on this simple belief that Venerable Master Sheng Yen founded Dharma Drum Mountain. Named as one of the fifty most influential people in Taiwan during the past four hundred years, Venerable Master Sheng Yen called himself “an itinerant monk pressing ahead through the wind and snow,” and has had a life full of miseries, deprivations, tests, and turning points.
- Saturdays, October 17, 24 & November 14, 2015
- 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Fee: Free (Donation is welcome)
For those who are new to Chan meditation. Classes on Buddhist meditation, including instruction on methods of sitting, breathing, walking, standing, sleeping, yoga exercises, self-massage, theories and obstacles in meditation, and progressive stages of meditation. Pre-registration
is required. Please call 718-592-6593 to register.
- Sunday Nov 15, 2015, 1:30pm-4:30pm
- Screenings and discussions of movies from a Buddhist perspective.
- Location: Chan Meditation Center
- 9:00am – 5:00pm, led by Nancy Bonardi
- An opportunity for serious practitioners to sustain practice and receive guidance from meditation teachers. This retreat is open to people who have taken Beginners’ Meditation Class or already have an established meditation practice. The retreat will be held at CMC. Please call CMC to pre-register.
Sunday Dharma Talk Live Broadcast
Live Broadcast temporarily cancelled!
Sunday Open House at CMC
- Every Sunday, Free, Bilingual
Click here to learn more about our Sunday Program
Upcoming Sunday Dharma Talk Schedule
- Every Sunday 11:00am to 12:30pm
Click here for a schedule on upcoming Sunday Dharma Talks.
Upcoming Dharma Classes
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming major events.
Upcoming Meditation and Retreats
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming programs
"No matter whom you associate with, you should ask yourself, 'How can I help and be of benefit to this person?'"
Master Sheng Yen