Our Founder Master Sheng Yen
“The Dharma is so good, yet so few people know about it and so many people misunderstand it.” It was based on this simple belief that Venerable Master Sheng Yen founded Dharma Drum Mountain. Named as one of the fifty most influential people in Taiwan during the past four hundred years, Venerable Master Sheng Yen called himself “an itinerant monk pressing ahead through the wind and snow,” and has had a life full of miseries, deprivations, tests, and turning points.
while the expansion is underway
91-26 Corona Ave Elmhurst NY 11373
Changes of Group Sitting Practice
Due to circumstances,
Saturdays Group Sitting (9am-12pm)
is suspended until further notice.
Pardon us if this creates any inconvenience.
Tuesdays Sitting (7pm-9:30pm) remains on schedule.
Welcome to join us. We hope to see you here.
- May 8 Sunday, Led by Abbot Ven. Guo Xing
- 10:00 am ~ 2:00 pm
- Chanting & Bathing the Buddha Ceremony
- Special Dharma Talk: Dharma Body Without Defilement
by Abbot Ven Guo Xing
- Lunch Gathering
- Please click HERE for event details.
Venue: 8220 Queens Blvd. Elmhurst NY 11373 (map)
- May 19 – May 22, 2016
- Venue: Dharma Drum Retreat Center
- Application due by April. 30th
Please click HERE
for retreat detail.
Please click HERE
to download the application form.
Enter Virtual plaques here
Apply chanting as a meditation method. We chant “A Mi Tuo Fo”, Amitabha Buddha’s name while sitting and walking. The retreat is suitable for beginners as well as experienced practitioners.
- July 2 – 4 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Venue: Chan Meditation Center
- Led by Abbot Ven. Guo Xing
- Only 30 openings available.
Please click HERE to register online.
FREE YOUR BODY
FREE YOUR MIND
- Date: Aug 9 ~ 14
- Location: Dharma Drum Retreat Center Pine Bush, NY
- Registration Deadline: July 22
Please click HERE for retreat details & click HERE for the pictures of past year event activities.
Please click HERE for online registration.
Sunday Dharma Talk Live Broadcast
Live Broadcast temporarily cancelled!
Sunday Open House at CMC
- Every Sunday, Free, Bilingual
Click here to learn more about our Sunday Program
Upcoming Sunday Dharma Talk Schedule
- Every Sunday 11:00am to 12:30pm
Click here for a schedule on upcoming Sunday Dharma Talks.
Upcoming Dharma Classes
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming major events.
Upcoming Meditation and Retreats
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming programs
"Compassion was the beginning of buddhism, and it is the essence of Buddhism.
Master Sheng Yen