Our Founder Master Sheng Yen
“The Dharma is so good, yet so few people know about it and so many people misunderstand it.” It was based on this simple belief that Venerable Master Sheng Yen founded Dharma Drum Mountain. Named as one of the fifty most influential people in Taiwan during the past four hundred years, Venerable Master Sheng Yen called himself “an itinerant monk pressing ahead through the wind and snow,” and has had a life full of miseries, deprivations, tests, and turning points.
while the expansion is underway
91-26 Corona Ave Elmhurst NY 11373
Group Sitting Practice
Tuesdays Sitting 7 pm- 9:30 pm
- Three Saturdays, July 9, 16 & 23, 2016
- 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Fee: Free (Donation is welcome)
For those who are new to Chan meditation. Classes on Buddhist meditation, including instruction on methods of sitting, breathing, walking, standing, sleeping, yoga exercises, self-massage, theories and obstacles in meditation, and progressive stages of meditation. Pre-registration is required. Please call 718-592-6593 or register online
FREE YOUR BODY
FREE YOUR MIND
- Date: Aug 9 ~ 14
- Location: Dharma Drum Retreat Center Pine Bush, NY
- Registration Deadline: July 22
Please click HERE for retreat details & click HERE for the pictures of past year event activities.
Please click HERE for online registration.
Led by Abbot Ven Guo Xing
Venue: Dharma Drum Retreat Center, Pine Bush NY
- Please CLICK HERE for further details and online registration.
- Application deadline: Aug 31, 2016.
- Fee: $200; Students and Seniors: $100
- On-site payment. Check payable to DDMBA.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-805-3588 for inquiries.
Sunday Dharma Talk Live Broadcast
Live Broadcast temporarily cancelled!
Sunday Open House at CMC
- Every Sunday, Free, Bilingual
Click here to learn more about our Sunday Program
Upcoming Sunday Dharma Talk Schedule
- Every Sunday 11:00am to 12:30pm
Click here for a schedule on upcoming Sunday Dharma Talks.
Upcoming Dharma Classes
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming major events.
Upcoming Meditation and Retreats
- Click here to learn more about these upcoming programs
"In your practice, don't pursue extraordinary experiences; rather, settle your mind in the reality of the present moment."
Master Sheng Yen